Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm still haunted by michelle's unhappiness that I am not going to stay with her next year :S rather..she haunts me. and the past few months with maggie and her has definitely confirmed that it was definitely a GOOD LIFE CHOICE to move AWAY from the 2 monstrosity. I was dealt with a very sudden outburst from maggie on monday when I suggested that she would find stuff more easily if she cleared her desk. Perhaps...it is a good idea that i lived with strangers...well..not so familiar friends since we are now technically acquaintances. Life with Naomi is still in fluff mode <3
human vs zombies has finally ended though it was premature ending since the zombies won and on the final stand only 6 people survive. their death to zombies was mainly due to the evil and sudden turn of the weather. it's the usual unexpected weather of savannah. it was nice and sunny, clear skies, gorgeous weather in the day. without warning, it thunderstormed and hailed and the whole savannah was thrown into darkness. the storm cut short the power to the whole downtown. it was pretty cool considering the fact that we(naomi, sang woo and I) were walking back to the dorms from the student centre in total darkness. it was amusing as girls screamed as they sloshed into giant pool puddles from the rain while i took the hint from those in front of me and avoided every single puddle and remained dry. yay for me :)

anyhows, we were at the student centre attending a lecture out of own free will. yes. I would attend a lecture on my own free will...AMAZING. but that's only because it was one of our scad alumni who was working in pixar as he showed us his demo reel from finding nemo, toy story, madagascar, monster inc and the likes. i have decided, together with the help of my computer application maya assignments that animation is not my thing. for one thing, it's too complicated. You train to be an animator, with the desire of creating your own production that you can call your own. but in the real industry, all you're doing is focusing on either one scene, or one specialty. in Brian Young's case (the speaker), his specialty was mainly lighting. I dont think I want to be stuck in that rut. yuck. and the second reason for not becoming an animation major is the fact that MAYA makes me sick. 

no. not just because i hate using it and suck at it, but also because having to rotate the scene to check angles and position of objects make me motion sick. ACKKK...

also received news on monday morning that the work that i submitted for the competition won. YAY MONEY <3

oh. speaking of money, a friend of mine sold me her DSLR at half price. I got a basic Nikon D40 DSLR with the lens for $250 together with a 3 year warranty. hohoho. God is AWESOMO :D

No comments: