i realised after working at the trustees that i make a pretty good service person. smile or apologise, be patient and take things chill. There has been a few nasty people to serve, but it's been otherwise fun to serve people with a smile and get good service back in return. My colleagues on the other hand don't seem to do things the same way and they've been serving customers very rudely which kinda annoys me.
anyhows...so here we are at finals and i'm down to one last speech (thank goodness) i absolutely hate public speaking, but it has also kinda been quite a fun experience. I realised for one thing that when I'm nervous, I channel all that energy and it becomes more like enthusiasm. but i'm really just trying to cover up the nervous shaking. hahaha. it definitely helps! my most recent speech was a persuasive one and i spoke about Singapore and how it makes a wonderful destination. it was fun to hear all the comments that i got as my head swelled with pride from the positive comments. hahaha. apparently i make such a good advertiser and persuader that I can convince people that killing puppies is a good thing and even get supporters for it. hahahahhaa. fun :D of course. i will never kill puppies.
bible study on tuesdays has been a challenge to go to as I try to clump all my work and finish it early for Wednesday so I can go for bible study at night. It's been rather successful I must say, though it requires discipline. I got the priviledge of meeting a Westin chef who was a friend of Jimbo (the pastor) and Lindsay (his wife) who prepared our dinner and taught a few of us how it was done. might try it out and see. I don;t think i'm going to invest in all the different spices considering how i don't really know how to cook using all those spices which all look the same to me. it's been actually great at bible study just being out with people once again in a relaxed setting to socialise and what not. definitely realised that no man is an island and we all need to get out now and then. so yeah. bible study definitely saves me from having to cook dinner and socialise. so it's all good :D
i've done my researching on pet therapy for my final psychology paper and oh man...reading all that seriously makes me want to get a golden retriever now. hahaha. but i want one that doesn't poop or pee. but i think i could just potty train it to do so in a toilet bowl. build a ramp up for it and stuff. HAHAHAHA. than i can just FLUSH it all away without a care :D dunno. reading this kind of stuff makes me wonder why i threw away the decisions of being a veterinarian or a social worker *shrug* why am i always interested in jobs that make no money in Singapore???? wth......
No comments:
Post a Comment