Saturday, June 07, 2008

it’s been quite a long while and i still haven’t heard from Jill or Julie about rooming together. I’m just hoping that it’s because they are busy/away and has thus far been unable to check their facebook accounts or go online. still, i was thinking and worrying about roommates when it dawned upon me that whatever it is, God is in control and i can rest in Him.

If I get roommates who are non-christians, then so be it. God will bring me friends who are strong in the Lord to support me and i know there’s a purpose for me to reach out to those people. It’s very saddening that there are so many Americans born in Christian families and they know the gospel and all that and yet all they do is to go through the motion of religious rites and all that without catching on the true meaning of what Christianity is all about.

It seems like i have once again caught the whole passion about my purpose in an educational institute once again. Time and time again I’ve seen the reason why God placed me in different areas and i know my going to SCAD is not just a mere blessing or coincidence or just an additional and natural progression in my life. I’m placed there perhaps, to not just grow to be an artist for the Lord, to create beautiful works of art, to serve in the ministries, but perhaps, also to bring the recognition of the purpose, life and meaning of art to artists, the way God had intended it to be. I want to be able to capture the beauty of God’s creation, to bring to notice to people around, the beauty of God’s creation. I want to paint a picture of the garden of eden, solomon’s temple, a portrait of God, to capture the beauty, love and essence of God’s glory. I want to be an artist, to be who God has created me to be.

Despite all these major fears, I am thankful that during this period of time I will be able to grow in the Lord because I am left to no choice but to trust and rely in Him for strength and guidance. He is my rock, my shield and my shelter. In Him will i trust and lean upon. Him and no other.
He is my firm foundation, the solid rock in whom i can trust.

Lord reign in me. Reign in your power
over all my dreams, in my darkest hour
You are the Lord, of ALL I AM
So won’t your reign in me again!

No comments: