Thursday, December 17, 2009

i can't believe my time in Singapore is close to an end :( it's been a rather eventful and I must admit, tiring holiday. too many meetings etc for my laid back personality. >.<

nonetheless, i am thankful to be back to celebrate my 20th birthday with the ones i love. the 3 girls from church swung by to cheat my feelings surprise me through cheryl's lie..making me EMPTY out the luggage only to be told it was a tool to swing by my house. I was kidadultnapped and brought tothe familiar jap food place that the 4 ladies at church during our internship frequented with great delight. I was superbly touched by this act where they tracked the shop down after we found out it has either closed down or moved. No presents required, but this was more than enough. I realised then that my first language of love was not words of affirmation, but acts of service. That love language never quite crossed my mind until amy teo pointed it out to me when I asked her about it. after all....I do whatever I can to please my loved ones. for one, i definitely do know that gifting is definitely not my love language. I don't like buying gifts nor do I particularly enjoy receiving gifts. I usually just end up either shoving them to one side if I don't like them, or hoarding it up (shoved to another side...but together with other treasures) if I loved them though of course the value depends on who it's from as well :p

being back after so long also showed me who were possibly going to be my life long friends. Meeting up with practically all my various group of friends, I found myself being tired out by some groups and lost amidst the conversations, reduced to mere sheepish smiles or superficial laughter that came out of courtesy. Nonetheless, I was delighted to meet up with the closer friends and realise that nothing has changed despite all these while. we could sit together and talk rubbish/serious stuff with nothing planned in mind or do the stupidest stuff that other friends would frown upon and dismissed as childish. I love my friends and if there's anything stopping me from leaving Singapore it's knowing that I'm missing them for a long time.

oh friends.....if there's anything in my life now that I can boast about without being ashamed of a single thing no matter how big or small, is that I have wonderful friends like y'all.

No comments: