FIRST AND FOREMOST.
I need to do a sleep test before I marry my husband to be.
WHY? to check if he rolls in bed, snatches the blanket, kicks or snores.
WHY?
Due to the fact that most families here stop at 2 and thus comprise of 4 members per family, my family of 5 shared a room comprising of 2 queen size beds, meaning that the siblings had to share a bed or rotate sleeping on the ground.
The first night sharing the bed with jonathan comprised of me waking up multiple times during the night to SHOVE HIM BACK to his half of the bed considering how he often rolled all the way till he took up 3/4 of the bed, leaving me with no space to flip over on my back when I'm sleeping on my side. BAD BAD BOY.
Sleeping with winnie on the other hand comprised more of blanket stealing because he's so easily cold. and because he desperately attempts to keep warm, his sleeping position is often in a fetal position, except that his knee is often kneeing me in the back...a very awkward position which left me feeling rather gay...that is..if i were male.
however, the most annoying aspect of sharing a room with so many people is the horrendous snoring my parents can conjure up in their unconscious states. while some (ie. my parents) would call it a symphony orchestra, I call it jurassic park. WHY? because that's PRECISELY what it sounds like. there were multiple times were my siblings and I had to kick their bed or yell at them to wake up just to shut them up so we could return to our unconscious states of mind. Unfortunately, my parents are faster than us and before we can return to bliss, jurassic park is opened again and ROARING with life. There were even more times where I woke up highly annoyed and struggling to return to bed and I toyed with the various ideas in my head as to how to shut them up...like...DROPPING A GRAND PIANO ON THEM. cartoon style. I love my brain. I could so easily entertain myself.
Secondly, I learnt that people DO AGE. In body, in mind and in spirit.
In that little fantasy world of mine, i tend to have everyone and everything stuck in time. Like how my friends should remain at the stage where we first met and THEY SHOULD NOT BE GETTING MARRIED OR GETTING BOYFRIENDS NOWWWWW OR just for this year, HAVING 21st BIRTHDAY PARTIES ALREADY. it's like I don't feel myself growing older or advancing in life. hence, so should everyone else. it's strange to realise how much my little brother has grown. He has grown TALLER and more mature and nicer and no longer bully-able :S he has learnt to talk back and flip me off him when I tau pok him. now I am the runt of the family. not him. this kinda sucks. on the bright side...I know have a sai kang warrior in the house and I can be the damsel in distress and the excuse of "oh...i am a poor and weak and defenseless little girl!" :) THUS. I SHALL DO NOTHING. oh yay eye power <3>the other person that I realised to have aged is my dad. BOY DOES HE LOOK OLD. like an old man :S greying hair, sagging and wrinkly skin. EW. thanks to him I discovered that I really don't like old people. something about them disgusts me. EWWWWWWWWW. oh goodness. I sound like such a bimbo. BUT IT'S SO TRUEEEEEE!!! don't put me in an old folks home with fellow old wrinkly saggy people PLEEAASSEEEEE!! no CIP there! NEVERRRRRRRRrrrrrrr......
Another lesson learnt is Disney Characters have SHRUNK!
yes they have! I mean..i don't think I've grown very much since the last few years that I visited Disneylands but on this trip, I've noticed that the mascots like mickey and minnie and friends have grown considerably smaller. I would like to think that the real people inside them are around my height. SOOO...that means..that if all else fails (ie. i drop art school), I shall go into mascot school and be a disney mascot :D YAY! what a cool job title. it's possibly the best job. mascots already look so happy on the outside. u can be totally sianed on the inside and no one would know! HUR HUR HURRRRRR
another impt lesson I learnt is that I REALLY DO HAVE A PERSONAL BUBBLE and i HATE PEOPLE TO TOUCH ME WHEN I DON'T WANT THEM TO. while sitting in the car stuck between my fat dad and my lanky little brother, I was highly annoyed with the fact that my shoulders and arms were pressed against lil bro's shoulders and fat dad's fat arms. even if it was soft and squishy I wasn't comfortable and uncomfortable gloria makes for grumpy annoyed gloria. GRRRRR. and come to think of it. i really don't like squeezing in crowds and being squashed up against :S mweh DON"T COME SO NEAR MEEE!!!!
ok. so enough lessons from the holiday i guess :S OH AND ONE MORE. AMERICAN AIRLINES SUCK BALLS. yes. i said that! just trying to get from Orlando to Savannah was such a pain in the butt. I learnt recently from my school that it was merely a 4 hour drive from Savannah to Orlando Disney so I probably would have saved more time being driven (maybe). instead, my flight was delayed again and again and I almost had to miss my connecting flight to Savannah. Thankfully, I managed to get the last seat on the flight and UNFORTUNATELY, it was the last seat right beside the toilet, which very unfortunate for me, reeked of ammonia especially towards the end of the flight so much so that my nose actually hurt from it :( and then turbulence was pretty bad but at least I wasn't air sick. the turbulence actually felt quite fun and it was sort of like a roller coaster ride from the theme parks, except there's actually a chance of dying considering how roller coasters are possibly safer than flying a plane. but whatevs. i'm alive and in one piece. ah well. then I had to deal with the annoyance of losing my luggage which was bad because my cell phone was dead and my charger was in the luggage. so WONDERFUL. the good side is, my luggage gets delivered to me. from this, I've learnt to always pack a hand carry luggage of basic clothes so you won't have to sleep dirty in dirty clothes or sleep clean in your birthday suit.
On to more...recent stuff. Classes have started and I must honestly admit, I do miss having foundation classes and mindless copying of objects to paper. I now have to wreck my brain harder to come up with stuff and it's quite annoying if not depressing and I find myself doubting my abilities and my future vocation. meh. Classes have been rather soul and energy sucking but I guess I just need to alter my mindset and live the way my vector and raster professor has MOTIVATED us to...much like an american sports coach would do to a football team. on my door is a sign that say "EFFORT WITH PASSION TODAY"
weird how it actually works in motivating me with a burst of passion.
soooo...party in my house again..the usual start and end of quarter party and this was the first time i actually tried to hang out amongst the crowd. ...it lasted for....less than half an hour? it was kinda awkward cos I don't drink for one and I barely know anyone and those that I do, I'm not close to. meh. i need more friends that just sit down and watch disney channel with me :( thank goodness I have my own room to hide in. anyhows, it was kinda overwhelming out there and I'm pretty sure I was getting drunk on alcohol vapors. it makes me sick. I don't think I'll be a very good drinker considering how I get affected simply based on skin absorption. BUT BUT BUTTTT...i think i'll be a pretty funny drunk. WHICH MEANS I MUST MAKE SURE I HAVE NICE CLOTHES AND UNDERWEAR ON just in case i get so drunk that I soil myself and my friends have to clean me up. HOPEFULLY...we'll never have to get anywhere near that stage. don't quite like the idea of people touching me.....especially in the private regions. WHAT IF THEY LAUGH AT MY BUSH?!?! or poke at my fats saying how wonderfully squishy i am :S
mmm..maybe that's why I don't like people being so in my personal bubble.
so far the only drama in this party is.....cop was sitting outside in his car outside my house...STALKING us. people freaking out cos we are underaged. butttt..nothing happened. i guess the cop doesn't like the cold either. I would stay in my warm toasty car too if i were him.
so yes...that's my life...
No comments:
Post a Comment