Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ever since i burnt out from the previous project, I've been procrastinating alot. doesn't help that my professors have encouraged it by cancelling projects due to the lack of time from extending project deadlines because all of us are so terrible with following them due to the insane amount of work and quality demanded of us.

Nonetheless, my "procrastination" has pretty much been propelled towards my excitement of preparing for my career. building up my portfolio, getting my name up and ready for networking, expanding my horizons in the design world etc. in simple terms. I am slowly becoming an art geek. Despite the negative connotations from geek, I actually love that term. To me, it just reminds me of how much my future job is become a way of life, MY life. it'll no longer be work or a job, or something I do to pay off my loans and debts and the gah men of singapore or the US..whatever the future may bring...I can finally say that I see a reason why I'm working hard and I'm enjoying it. That's the beauty of being in design. We get eye-candy daily. It IS our job to CREATE eye-candy.

As such, I have decided to set to work on a blog dedicated to design alone. It shall be my inspiration resource and learning journey, design trend following place, my networking and promotional place. and today, I posted my first art related (FINALLY GOT MY BUTT DOWN TO DOING IT...) blogpost @ gloriawu.wordpress.com

hopefully I'll get more time during school break and NOT during procrastination hours to fully load up everything and get it fully up and running and hopefully get more visitations from others on it...which is why I'm now on networking sites LinkedIn and Twitter...which I still think is dumb cos who the hell wants to know if you're WALKING TO THE BATHROOM or THE WAY MY POOP GATHERED IN THE POTTY LOOKS LIKE A BOTERO SCULPTURE. Ironically, I AM trying to promote myself amidst all the dumb posts as per mentioned above and hopefully get filtered out and CLICKED on and preferably re-tweeted before being one of those #mentioned names in people's tweets and RTs. It gets me excited to read friends blogs, especially those in the design field and read about their work and progress and actually understand what they're talking about. what can i say...i'm a geek/nerd/dork...as perry likes to call me and in response, I go "DORKYY DORKYY DORKKYYY" :)

Next 2 weeks is gonna be filled with...excitement.
1. I find out whether the spring break trip to alabama is going on (or NOT)
2. I have another interview for a SCAD tutor position this wednesday
3. Roommate talk with the 2 other girls to notify them that they are gonna get kicked out next year (oohh the drama. might as well be on abc family)
4. Find out whether i got accepted as a student ambassador
5. Finals CHIONG AHHHHHHH
6. Hopefully have time to squeeze in scholarship application stuff and get wilkie's letter from singapore/auzzie.

ah wells.
PEACE OUT HOMIES!

No comments: