Saturday, June 12, 2010

good Lord....it's HOT here. I don't remember summer being this horrible last year. it's like 36 degrees burning sun and I'm stuck in my room with no ventilation save for one small fan with the diameter of the tip of my thumb to the tip of my pinky stretched out. My phone had a bit of water damage from my water bottle during the trip to St Augustine and just a 10 minute walk to the bank and back cured it cause the sun dried it all up. crazy huh.

i'm bakin bakin bakinnnn and trying to stay as cool as I possibly can. i went to the bank to bank in roughly $300 worth of pay from the graduation ceremony and one shift at the theatre which was quite delightful because big numbers that you actually earn is very satisfying knowing that you earned it and not just stick out your hand and have money plonked in it. It's almost as if money increases in value when you work for it. but then again, I guess it does because you are calculating every cent in terms of how many hours you need to work to earn it back.

Anyhows, St. Augustine was really cool. I was thinking it was gonna be relatively boring being a historic town and it was a on your own kind of trip. No adults guiding. just a bunch of international kids and whatever brochures and maps available. Doesn't seem quite a bad idea considering that we're all more or less adults except for the fact that most of the kids on the trip have a problem just ordering the right meal, let alone figure out directions to places. Despite being a predominantly male group, I ended up taking the lead which i guess in a sense was relatively satisfying to my need for control, bringing me back to the days of leadership in IJTP and SAJC.

anyhows, photos are up on facebook if you're interested. it was cool traveling with a whole bunch of strangers and ending up being friends in such a short span of time. I could very well participate in more of such events. I think this summer has been more social than my entire time of 2 years here at SCAD. I am pathetic. More social time through Stacy and James Parrish. a really nice christian couple who loves Asian culture so much they have 3 asian international students living in their house and they are the hosts of the weekly international students potluck. One room is opening up in end August/September so it might possibly my future home/family for the next 2 years. I'm still very much unsure of it because it's not as convenient as being located downtown, downtown, but it's a cheaper alternative and I can still get around with one of the dorms nearby and I have yet to see how the room actually looks like. *shrug shrug*

anyhows...new layout cos i'm sick of the old one. if i get the energy to do some work i might.....mightttttt...redo my own layout if I can figure out what the heck blogger is doing for template designs.

No comments: