drama in class today X___X
ok la. it wasn't so bad but like the projects that we had to do for the so-called lecture class was getting a little too demanding and we were frustrated with not just the demands of all the homework but also because the assignment sheet was so vague and we were so confused as to what was required. Our professor misunderstood us for being lazy and wanting just a boring lecture class based on memorisation instead of actually applying knowledge to work so he got really pissed. Thing is, we were happy with the hands on application but it was seriously too much to ask for especially since these should just be class exercise to get a taste of where the designers in the past were thinking about when they were developing the art. To make them into a full blown design project with research, development, get it from sketch to computer and then printing it out professionally plus a research paper on the topic of the HISTORY of writing and language and a presentation in the span on 2 weeks is NOT ENOUGH. then some girl cried for the second time in the span of 6 classes because she was too overwhelmed and frustrated by the professor and then the professor got annoyed that she was crying even though this is not expected to be a kindergarten class of easy work. but then i guess he felt bad and apologized for being an idiot. I have a love hate relationship with that guy.
My life has been reduced to class>work>homework. I don't have time to cook and my meals have been reduced to vending machine donuts for lunch, instant noodles if I have time to boil water at home, energy bars and tons of soft drinks esp coke to fill my tummy with gas. I eat as I walk, scoff them down in between classes, run from place to place to get things done, come home all tired and I have to sit down and sketch and generate ideas from air.
in addition to that, I have to hunt for housing, view houses, work, and finish all my homework. I think the year end winter break would be absolutely delightful to have. I just haven't been able to have the time to just sit down at home properly.
ironically, I do enjoy the classes I am taking despite the hoard of work that's killing me. At least I get to sit down at work and BREATHE and relax abit, get away from all that thinking and stress. I love my printmaking professor. she's wonderfully sweet and happy and oh so patient and she makes printmaking so much fun. There's something magical about doing things hands on like creating a drawing or crafting something. I guess it's because now that photoshop has made everything so easy, work done digitally no longer means anything. and I guess it's also because tangible stuff is way more awesome. If i had the time and money, I would probably love to do more printmaking classs.
Then there's my graphic design studio class. I was nervous about it considering how that professor has a bad rep for being super duper tough but I've been so inspired by him. His knowledge about design as not just an art but a way of life and thinking just amazes me and I love how the class only comprises of 5 people so things get into deep discussions and I'm learning so much more. For once, I actually feel like I'm learning to be a graphic designer. I look at the process that he has made us go through to get one simple thing and look at the array of sketches and developments and tools that I'm using and BOY DO I FEEL PROFESSIONAL. it's absolutely delightful and it makes the process a bajillion times more amazing that the final product itself. plus...all that discussion and reading into deep articles make me feel smarter and oh man...I realised how attractive and sexy intellect is. HAHAHA this is so wrong but I guess I'm more admiring him for his brain.
history of graphic design wise.....the "projects" are fun and interesting but it's seriously on the last of my priorities and it's just frustrating to think that the same amount of effort and thinking has to go into something so...trivial. It's definitely not anything of substance to be used as a portfolio piece but it's just fun to have fellow students to sit around and bitch about it. haha. it's always nice to have an outlet of stress relief.
meow meow meow....im hungry >.<
No comments:
Post a Comment