Just in case y'all were wondering if I was alive.
yes.
i am.
I still have 3 more weeks of school before I can finally relax and wind down and then gear up for the next 10 weeks of school before I head back home. It's weird how the days have now mushed into one another and dream and reality is kinda mixed up other than the fact that my dream world is waaaayyyy more fun than the real world and it's too ridiculous/awesome to really wholly merge both worlds as one. murders, ninjas, magic, superpowers and heros. I think my dreams are my form of escape. :D
I was just checking in with my tutoring schedule since my tutee is nowhere to be found. This marks the fourth no-show appointment in 3 weeks. At least I get to relax. :) Anyhows, SOMEHOW my mind was very much convinced that today is the first or the second of August so imagine the shock I got when I saw the calendar and it said 5th. Got me really confused for awhile there. I think I've ran myself dry this quarter and now that I'm supposed to be headed towards the big finish, I think I've crashed. Doesn't help that the final projects are the least bit exciting. ok...I don't particularly enjoy designing layouts and publications. BAH. I think some might be enjoying especially the experimental one but only if we had more time and grade wasn't really a matter.
I have 3 weeks to work on 30 pages of content and design layouts -__- make that 2 weeks since the last week is for refinement and printing. THEN i can finally clean my tiny broom closet and perhaps see the floor and table top once again. the small space has rendered me...placeless to put all my large boards and papers, which ultimately just piles up at the doorway. I am fast building up toe muscles from tiptoeing around the room and hopping from one end to another to get stuff. I can't wait to finally move to a new room which is more than twice the size of the broom closet. When I move into the new place, I shall bury my face in the fluffiness of the clean, new carpet and roll from one end of the room to another just to embrace the freedom of space. THEN, I shall proceed to delightful set things straight and orderly to decorate my room and MAYBE...build my own little studio corner :)
I have received my coated and uncoated pantone swatches. The original costs of one was a few hundred dollars but ebay (oh WONDERFUL EBAY and amazon) provided me one in MINT condition from a print shop for a mere $35. OH THE PRECIOUS PRECIOUS LITTLE THING. ok it ain't so little. it's gigantous in height due to the number of swatches and I need two hands to handle that swatch book but it's still my precious baby. My next investment would be to buy my own large format printer from Epson so I will no longer have to run to the store and pay such expensive fees for ONE project. I could have easily bought that printer for the cost I spend in ONE project. I never fully calculated but now that my prof brought it up, it makes so much sense. PLUS. I can print everything without having to rely on the stupid printers at the shop to mess it up. I will however, dearly miss my friends at the print shop with whom I have grown very familiar with. Possibly a little too familiar to some cases because it just tells me how much time and money I've spent there. They're possibly only nice to me because I give them so much of my money.
With a new laptop and printer, I'm easily set back by about $1100 to $1300. I think I shall starve myself for the next few days. Maybe eat the entire pile of scrap paper i've accumulated over the past 7 weeks from projects for my meals. At least you know I'm finally getting some fibre in my diet. :p
oh lord. what am I to do with my final projects >.< I just want to bury myself in bed and sleep it all away. I am in denial. yes yes.
2 comments:
it certainly sounds like a good thing to get your own! :D miss you a lot gloria. hope you're taking care of yourself. (haha for some reason i can access this blog! though i doubt for long)
oh man! it sounds like you're practically building your own studio already, awesome!! :D keep your chin up, you WILL get through this!
Post a Comment