wow the athletes at school are really :S
Had the "honor" of helping out my boss with a study skill session for the athletes today which in my opinion is really retarded at this stage of life. Initially I had no clue who the audience was and what we were doing and I was honestly surprised that we were expecting 50 people at this time of the quarter. Then one by one they trickled in and I figured this must be for the athletes and I was right.
The athletes here are really identifiable in the way they dress (permanently in work out clothes no matter what the weather is. this includes a headband, track shoes, shorts/sweatpants and a hoodie..and almost always...chewing gum) and they walk with an annoying swagger that just shouts "man i'm so cool and strong" even though they really aren't. That annoying attitude is kinda both intimidating yet it makes you want to punch them.
I really felt bad for my boss cos they kept yakking amongst themselves and talking stupid and thinking they're so funny and laughing stupidly at their jokes like how they often are portrayed in movies. They were excited about getting stickers for rewards and proceeded to paste them on their faces :S WOW. so impressive.
weird how when i think about singaporean athletes it's quite the opposite. Usually our athletes have the extra determination and discipline to study hard and they're more mature. I believe it's the way these americans place sports on such a high pedestal and status symbol that make these jocks the way they are.
2 more weeks. good golly.
No comments:
Post a Comment