Sunday, September 20, 2009

i haven't died.

but i think I'm well on my way. I am officially on the deadly 4 classes a quarter stunt that few has dared pull off.

I am one brave brave soul.

or some might say. crazy/stupid.

it's only week one and i feel like i'm juggling a ton of things already and haven't quite had the opportunity to make house visit to friends. it suddenly feels as though having people back for the quarter is no different from the summer. except that savannah has tons of people all around once again. AND annoying freshman to add. URGH.

So in an attempt to do some form of service to God since I'm quite unparticipative in church, I did the info session for SCAD for Downpour, the bible study that I regularly attend. I got a free shirt and 2 water bottles and I met a new Singaporean to add to the measly list of us here. what was more surprising was that he was from a JC. what was even more surprising was that he was from hwa chong. WAH LAO. he is wasting his brain. hahaha. nonetheless, people like him make me feel less stupid about going to JC and then throwing all that studying away for the arts. lol. I see him now and then looking more like lost china scholar and today at the club and organisations fall fest, i saw him staring in awe at american kids running to the bouncy castle (yes. we are college kids. but hey! we are ART college kids. we do stupid/crazy stuff). I proceeded to look around at the clubs and when I got back, I found him seated on the grass by himself with sketchbook in arm, sketching the bouncy castle. what a nerd i thought to myself. and then i found myself smiling. :S I think I have a soft spot for guai kias.

anyhoos. having all these homework has definitely made me realise that i do love drawing alot. even if it's meticulous perspective drawings. I just love how professional it looks at the end with the underdrawings of blues. sort of like how animators at disney or pixar...or like interior designers and architects. life drawing is fun too as I threw away all careful, meticulous nature and throw in sketchy lines of gesture and it did give me a certain satisfaction of freedom. It was partially a break from homework while doing homework. yet, the knowledge of drawing 10 skeletons in proportion was quite daunting and I ended up spending 5 hours at Anderson drawing Mr. Bones. I am a slooowww worker >.<

i wonder if I will survive this quarter. I have a feeling it will flyyyyyyy by quickly :) YAY.

No comments: