i've don't think I've come across so many people who dealt with drugs in my entire life until now. No wonder the standard of america is going down. How can the wonderful parts of it be sustained if so many people were high on weed????
Pretty much every place I've seen involved drug dealing/daily consumption of marijuana and God knows what other drug. The first house I saw was seriously owned by this stoner dude. bearded face, dazed eyes, drony voice. The place didn't smell like pot or whatsoever, but the moment I heard he had friends over regularly to smoke in the living room, I knew I was out. Especially since it was awkward and I can't imagine myself living with a stoner dude.
Second place I saw was a student housing that had 7 rooms, 3 bathrooms shared by 7 kids. not so bad if you do the maths. Except that 1 refrigerator was shared by all. No doubt we would all have our own mini fridge, but there would be NO place to store my bulk of freezer food. especially since I like freezing my food to make it last longer. Second problem was....there was no laundry facility! how can anyone not have a laundry facility in an area of residence when the nearest laundrymat required driving a while outside of downtown savannah??? I don't have a car and I can't afford to ask a friend..ie. michelle. to give me a ride there every 2 weeks. So this had no drugs...at least it wasn't said...but i mean...no one really keep tracks of the kids there.
Third place I saw was right behind the library. nice place, nice house, really nice and windy with a great view that would be awesome to people watch and relax and wind down. unfortunately, it would have been with 2 guys. both of whom smoke, one smoked marijuana. No doubt they were nice but I didn't think my mum would have approved of it and indeed she didn't. Even if my friends who knew them said I would be safe with them.
Things got really depressing for me by this point after NOTHING had popped up and every other possible things were just....drugged. After quite a bit of exasperated crying and kneeling in prayer to God things finally lightened up and there is some hope in the air.
I found a place down on Gaston that is slightly too far for me and rather troublesome to travel around, but it's within my budget and I wouldn't have to worry about furniture, cooking utensils etc. plus...i would have my own bathroom. The only thing that's stopping me from signing a deal right now is how it's just inconvenient for me to live there, especially to travel to and fro from the house to a school building to catch a bus to class and back and BLAH..what if it rains?!?! walking would take forever.
Second place was very interesting. I was told by the landlord that the current tenant was away on a family emergency and when we went into the house, the landlord found the guy IN the house in his underpants. thank goodness I was polite and waited outside so I didn't see a single thing but the kid living there saw me and came out dressed and told me not to rent the place because the people who lived upstairs were drug dealers and very very noisy. so...THAT was interesting.
blah...things seem to be slowing back down to a stop and I was fine and dandy at first but now as I think about what I'm going to do and how hard it is to find another place like the one I'm at, I get quite depressed and upset. sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment